News / Development Plans
Site Screencast: 6 minute site tour
To Do List
- May 28, 2008 - added 20 more sites, including: getsatisfaction.com , squidoo.com, bit.ly, scribd.com and more. We now offer support for 208 sites.
- Nov 11, 2008 - updated the Widget Designer - you can now customize and create a Flash profile widget using the same interface.
- Oct 22, 2008 - added 36 more sites, including: Pageflakes, imeem, LaLa, qik and more.
- Oct 12, 2008 - added 22 more sites, including: Plaxo, Mixx, hulu, Vimeo, UStream, CoComment, and more.
- Oct 7, 2008 - added the Widget Designer - which allows members to customize the size and color of a script/xHTML widget for use on blogs and other sites.
- Sept 28, 2008 - added 16 more social sites to the system, including Disqus, FriendFeed, Pownce and more. We now offer support for 138 sites. Site pages now offer charts from Quantcast.com. Category pages now display 3 charts from Alexa.
- Sept 27, 2008 - ratings are now processed using a 'Weighted Bayesian' process to improve charts and generate more accurate average ratings. Site pages now have additional charts from Alexa.
- Jan 15, 2007 - The site is now open for use as of todayat 11:00 AM PST.
- View All Reviews - linked from site profile pages, listing all reviews for the selected site
- Remove Your Account - option to delete your account and data - for now, please use the contact form
- IE Bug Fix - when editing a site link w/ IE, the editor layout isn't properly set by the script, IE doesn't execute the js.
- More Services - Add many more sites/services to the database
- Site Search - to make it easier to find sites you belong to
- What is this site for?
- To help you aggregate links to all of your profiles, including social networks, chat, VOIP, and other communities.
- To help you aggegate links to all the social sites you want to monitor.
- To help you aggregate links to all your friends on various social and chat networks.
- To provide a simple means for you to rate social and chat networks using a 1-10 scale and comments.
- To provide a simple API for developers to use to extend their services and better serve your needs and interests.
- How does this work?
- Sign up [username, password & email]
- Click on the "+" image on the sites you belong to or wish to link to.
- Enter the user/profile names for the sites and services you belong to.
- Use your profile page and point people to it, where they'll find all your sites and profiles.
- Grab the code for adding a Widget to your site or blog which links people to all your profiles.
- Or, keep things private if you like, which makes this more of a launching point for your own Web activities.
- At any time, you may add or remove sites and services, and your main profile and RSS feeds update immeadiately.
- Is this site/service free?
Yes it is free.
There's no fees, upgrades, costs, etc. You can always donate :).
- Where do the ratings and number of people data come from?
The numbers come from the people who join this site.
Each person selects each of the sites they belong to, and can then give each site a rating and quote/description. We then create an average rating from this data.
Data is then processed using a 'Weighted Bayesian' process to generate the final ratings you see on the site. This process was build on this developers work, originally in PHP. In the developer's own words...
"While the Bayesian formula is preferable to a simple average when calculating the value of user-rated content on a web-site, combining the formula with an algorithm that weighs a user's votes in a ratio (number of user's votes to average number of votes per user) yields a more accurate value of the importance or quality of the content (as decided by the users)."
- Can I have a 'private' profile - or at least make some links private?
Yes, you can set your profile (and all links) to public or private, in addtion, each link you add can be set to public or private.
If you change your profile to private, it doesn't automatically 'change' the privacy setting of your links, it simply overrides their settings.
- Who owns/runs/built this site?
- Is my email address safe?
Yes, your email address is safe.
You will not be spammed by this site or any partners (we have none).
We will not use nor share it with anyone.
- How do new sites and services get added?
Please use the contact form on this site, and send us the following information about site you'd like to see added:
- The Name of the site - example: Site Name
- The full URL to the site - example: www.sitename.com
- A link to a user/member URL on the site - example: http://www.sitename.com/ProfileName
Please suggest sites which have profiles and/or screen names for people that are viewable to the public.
- Thank you to the following, who made this site possible.
- Del.icio.us - for their data and code
- Alexa - for their data and ranking images
- Quantcast - for their data and ranking images
- Compete - for their data and ranking images
- DynamicDrive - for the tab script
- Cow - for the reflection script used in the header
- snap.com - for the nifty site preview bubbles
- gravatar - for the global avatar icon service
- fam fam fam - for the tasty icons
- Do you have an API?
Please visit the developer section of this site, and read over our simple specs.